WHAT IS A HEALTH COACH?
Here's how Healthibella's Founder, Juli, works with her clients:
You've heard of personal trainers. Similarly, as a Board Certified Integrative Nutrition Health Coach, I support you to define your personal health and wellness goals and help you implement and achieve them!
I'm like the co-pilot of your health journey!
Since it's not just the food we eat that determines our health, I work with my clients to create better stress management and overall life balance―from healthier eating to reducing negative mental activity and improving sleep.
EDUCATION & EXPLORATION
We often wonder "What’s the perfect diet? Is it high fat? Low carbs? Vegan? Should I count calories? Does fat make us fat?" Or we say, I can just work off that cheeseburger, fries, margarita! The reality is YOU CAN'T OUT RUN A BAD DIET!
To complicate things, our food quality has worsened dramatically over the last decades, but there's hope! The nutritional evidence of the last twenty years has brought to light new information that should help us wisely reconsider the basics of healthy eating today. The saying that we should just eat what our grandmother would recognize is only partially true. The quality of mass production food has changed, but we can empower ourselves with knowledge to make the best choices!
NUTRITION INTUITION VS. TRENDY DIETS
But why is today’s nutritional information so confusing—even contradicting? It’s no wonder so many of us end up frustrated by yo-yo dieting and stressed because we don't live up to some dietary ideal.
That’s because there is no one perfect diet!
What works for one person, doesn’t work for everyone, and most diets only work for a limited time because any diet takes a person from unstructured eating to a structured one—temporarily.
The problem with diets that rely on counting calories, carbs, and fats is that they are usually not sustainable, and flawed because they prescribe a one size fits all methodology.
I've been trained to weed out the trendy fad diets and guide my clients to safe and true improvements and develop their own food intuition. At the Institute for Integrative Nutrition, I studied over 100 major dietary theories, as well as mind-body practices under the world’s leading experts, and my approach emphasizes the importance of bioindividuality—eating for our unique body. I also learned effective lifestyle coaching methods to help you find a realistic and delicious eating plan that is free of denial, rigorous discipline, and dwelling on counting calories, carbs, and fats—and doesn't mean never having wine, cheese, or steak again!
The only challenge with bioindividuality is that it takes a little experimenting and time to figure out your optimal foods, so it really helps to work with someone with more education and who offers a different perspective and a supportive environment during the initial months.
Optionally, one of the best ways to find your healthiest food choices is to undergo a temporary elimination diet and detox. For clients interested in finding out their personal problem foods, I can support you through the best detox method out there—developed by the world’s leading detox expert, the functional medicine cardiologist Dr. Alejandro Junger. Please see my detox page for more information.
There are no magic pills, just the desire and the dedication to develop healthier habits―naturally and happily. Start your new healthy and balanced life now!
YOUR PROGRAM INCLUDES
weekly or bi-monthly private 50 minute sessions in person or via Skype
- an optional food shopping trip with me for local area clients
- private cooking sessions with me for local area clients
- email support between sessions
- 1 - 3 recommendations per session that will guide you towards achieving your goals and make healthy practices a habit, without being overwhelming
- handouts, resources, and/or recipes
- my personal commitment to your health and success
COACHING, RETREATS & MORE
There's aways some tweaking we can all do to be that bit healthier and have a more balanced life. Most of my clients seek weight loss, but after we begin coaching, it becomes more about how they feel because that's what it's really about, right?!
I also work with individuals on personal goals, but also with restaurants, resorts, hotels, and chefs to develop delicious, healthy menus and wellness programs for their clients. I provide coaching through:
- classes, botanical dinners & retreats
- individual or corporate wellness coaching
- healthy menu consultations for restaurants, spas, resorts, even chefs!
DOES THIS SOUND FAMILIAR?
- you are sick and tired of being sick and tired
- you can’t seem to lose weight or keep the weight off no matter how much you diet and workout (you can't outrun a bad diet!)
- you want radiant skin and want to look and feel younger
- you're a busy parent and rely on convenience foods and you want to feed yourself and loved ones nourishing food, but just don't have time or know how
- you want a realistic plan to eat whole foods that will keep you vibrant and healthy
- you eat even when you’re not hungry
- you experience intense food cravings and addictions―such as for sugar or crisps―but can't seem to overcome them
- you want more energy and vitality―now!
- you’re overwhelmed by the conflicting nutrition info today―gluten free, vegan, paleo―all these new terms!
- you need guidance about alkaline, plant-based, and anti-inflammatory foods
- you're anxious about your doctor's lifestyle recommendation, or have read about a lifestyle change that you find daunting
- you've tried many diets before
- you suffer from chronic gastrointestinal problems, acne, migraines, sinus infections, and want to explore how your food may be causing these symptoms
- you're stressed out, but don’t know how to manage it
- you travel often and want to learn how to manage your eating and fitness plans while on the road
- you've heard so much about detox diets and want guidance to do one safely
AS MY CLIENT, I HELP YOU:
- radically improve your health and happiness in just a few months
- lose weight and know how to keep it off
- reboot your body and kickstart a healthy eating lifestyle―for life
- better understand your body’s cries for help and how to respond to the SOS signals
- set and accomplish goals in a way that is empowering and exciting
- learn to cook fresh and nourishing, yet realistic food for yourself and your loved ones
- understand, reduce, and even eliminate your cravings and lifelong food addictions
- eat more wholesome plant foods―without necessarily becoming vegetarian or vegan
- learn about new foods without anxiety and learn to incorporate them easily into your life
- know the best choices to buy at the supermarket and markets
- learn about the best food choices when dining out
- learn fresh approaches to keep your health journey interesting and informative
- improve or eliminate digestion issues, such as bloating and constipation
- gradually and happily develop healthier habits
- take control of stress in your life and create a better overall life balance
- love waking up in your body every single morning―refreshed and energized to start the day
WHERE DO WE MEET?
Anywhere in the world. Sessions can take place via video call (Skype) or phone. For Zurich/Zug clients, appointments in person are possible.
Moderate PrograM (PRIVATE CLIENTS ONLY)
- 2 x 60 min session per month
- CHF 350 / month for 3 months
Intensive Program(PRIVATE CLIENTS ONLY)
- 1x 60 min weekly session per month
- CHF 550 / month for 3 months
Payments can be by bank transfer or made securely through PayPal.
Yoga, Yoga Therapeutics & Bespoke Fitness
- 75 minute private yoga or bespoke fitness session at your home / CHF 135 (Zurich)
- my health coaching clients can also add on extra private yoga, yoga therapeutics, or bespoke fitness as desired or needed
- please contact me about semi-private sessions or class packages