Vegan and Gluten Free Baked Blueberry Coconut Milk Oatmeal Pudding
This recipe has a texture closer to baked pudding rather than traditional stove cooked oatmeal, and it’s also so much less time consuming! I love to be able to throw everything together into a baking dish, put it in the oven, and walk away for an hour (and do an hour of yoga for example while waiting for the oven timer!).
- 2 cups oats (steel cut or rolled, certified gluten free)
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 2 cups fresh blueberries (substitute frozen berries if fresh ones are not in season, but don’t thaw first)
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut flakes (optional)
- 4 cups almond milk
- 2 cups unsweetened coconut milk
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp stevia drops or 1/2 cup coconut nectar (sweeten more after baking as desired)
- 1 tbsp ground cinnamon (to dust over before going in oven)
- handful of toasted almonds, chopped coarsely (optional)
- Preheat oven to 180 C/350 F.
- Combine all dry ingredients in a large bowl. Add blueberries and the remaining wet ingredients.
- Pour mixture into a baking dish and bake for about 60 minutes.
- Remove from oven, cool slightly, sprinkle toasted almonds and drizzle a little extra almond milk, then serve immediately. Refrigerate leftovers and enjoy an even tastier treat the next morning.
Note: if you are gluten intolerant, double check that your oats are certified gluten free.