Berry Beautiful Raw Vegan Cheesecake
This is one of my favorite desserts! It's rich and filling and full of healthy nutrients rather than processed Philadelphia Cream Cheese! It's dessert though, so that means you're not supposed to overdo it. But at least this indulgence is full of food that will love your body in return! I hope you enjoy it!
- 2 cups pitted dates
- 2 cups raw almonds (or any nut you like, including coconut!)
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup brown rice syrup (more or less may be needed to get a good sticky paste)
- 500 grams raw cashews (soaked for an hour, then drained)
- 1/2 - 3/4 cup brown rice syrup (sweeten to your desire; if you use honey, you might need less)
- 5 - 6 heaped tablespoons of coconut oil (not melted; you have to test consistency because every food processor is different and how much oil you need depends on the humidity of your cashew paste)
- grated rind of 2 limes
- 1/2 cup lime juice
- 1.5 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 cup fresh strawberries
- 2 tablespoons of acai powder (optional…more impact and deeper purple color)
- Grease a cake pan with plenty of coconut oil.
- Spread a thin layer of shredded coconut over the bottom to prevent sticking.
- Put all of the base ingredients in a food processor
- Pour your crumbly base mixture into pan and press flat until its compact.
- Whiz all of the cheese layer ingredients in a food processor, adding lime last. Add more or less coconut as needed. Adjust sweetness and add more rice syrup as needed.
- Pour half of the cashew mixture into the pan and spread evenly.
- Add berries into the remaining cashew mixture to create the purple layer.
- Carefully spread the purple layer on top of the white cheese layer.
- Cover with plastic and place in the freezer. You will need to let it sit in room temperature to soften a little before serving.
- Top with coconut, cacao nibs, more berries, edible flowers. Whatever makes you happy!