Vegan Banana Avocado "Yogurt" with Gluten Free Muesli
This is a fro-banana "yogurt" (although this isn't made with cultures) that is a bit warmer than the usual frozen banana cream and therefore less chilly to eat on a cold winter day. It's a great alternative to soy, dairy, and coconut yogurt and a perfect base for muesli or granola. It's very simple to make and doesn't really need a "recipe," but here is the step-by-step for anyone who isn't quite sure how to make it.
You'll need for both the smoothie and the smoothie bowl:
- 1 frozen banana (I keep peeled and cut up bananas in the freezer at ALL times because I prefer the frozen consistency in smoothies)
- 1 cup unsweetened almond or coconut milk
- 1/2 cup spinach (I prefer frozen spinach for smoothies because they are virtually undetectable, but fresh baby spinach is fine too)
- 8 raw cashews
- 1 tbsp almond or coconut butter
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 2 tbsp shredded coconut (optional)
- 1/2 avocado (preferably perfectly ripe, room or refrigerator temperature)
- any toppings of your choice, such as seeds, nuts, coconut shreds, dried berries, fresh fruit
For the smoothie:
- Blend half of the frozen banana together with the spinach, cashews, chia seeds, coconut shreds, almond butter, and almond or coco milk until it's smooth.
- Reserve 1/4 cup of this blend to make the banana-avocado "yogurt."
For the yogurt:
- Blend the 1/4 cup of smoothie base with the other half of the frozen banana and half an avocado until you get a creamy consistency.
- Top it off with muesli or granola of your choice, fresh fruit, dried berries, nuts, seeds...whatever you love!
Make it compatible with the Clean Program detox: omit the frozen banana and add more coconut butter or almond butter for thickness and creaminess. Overall, it will be less sweet, but you can add some fresh blueberries or coconut nectar to sweeten it up!
Enjoy! To your health and happiness!