Raspberry Beet Energy Blend
Beets and berries are loaded with antioxidants that boost our energy and keep us glowing. They are so amazing! As I tell my children (and some adults), like superheroes, they zoom through our bodies neutralizing free radicals and reduce overall oxidative stress that leads to aging and illness, both acute and chronic.
This blend includes almond meal and and hemp seeds provide excellent protein, fiber, and healthy fats and coconut oil has terrific natural antibacterial and antiviral properties in the form of lauric acid! If you're not vegan, mix in raw honey—another one of Mother Nature's antiviral and antibacterial superstars, because . . . 'tis the season . . . (to get sick and stressed!)
To your health and happiness!
Makes one large smoothie or two smaller ones.
- 1/4 cup freshly pressed red beet juice
- 1/4 cup raspberries
- 1/4 cup blueberries
- 1 cup almond milk (preferably freshly made)
- 1 tbsp hemp seeds
- 1 tsp acai powder
- 1 tbsp extra virgin coconut oil
- coconut nectar to taste (can swap with maple syrup or raw honey if you're not on a CLEAN Program cleanse)
- few ice cubes
- 1 - 2 tbsp almond meal (from your homemade almond milk, optional)
- If you're using already prepared almond milk, blend all ingredients together and enjoy!
If making your own almond milk:
- Soak 1/2 cup raw almonds in 2 cups of water for 15 minutes. (I've been making almond milk for years with different soaking times, from 15 minutes to overnight.)
- Blend the soaked almonds in water until you get a milky liquid.
- Using a nut cloth, strain and squeeze out the almond liquid into a clean bowl.
- Reserve 1 - 2 tablespoons of almond meal to add to the smoothie (optional).