Raw and Sweet: Chocolate Avocado Mousse with Coconut Sugar and Cacao Nibs
All the avocado lovers out there would probably agree that no self-respecting avo lover would be without a good chocolate-avo-mousse recipe containing this "secret" ingredient. There are variations on this using different nut or coconut milk to tweak the flavor, but here is a basic recipe. Top it with whatever you love...more fruit, nuts, etc. I like to top my mousse with raw cacao nibs, coconut sugar, coconut, or berries.
This is a nourishing, but sweetly delicious dessert or snack with a consistency between a mousse and a pudding. It's completely raw too and can even be enjoyed while you're on a CLEAN detox. And as you probably know, avocados are packed with oleic acid, a healthy fat that helps our bodies reduce cholesterol. They also have more potassium than bananas, and are a rich source of the antioxidant vitamins C and E that keep our bodies healthy, but also keep our skin beautiful! Healthy and beautiful? Cheers to that!
- 1 avocado (ripe, but not mushy)
- 1/2 cup of nut milk
- 1/3 cup of raw cacao powder
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup or more if you like it sweeter (or coconut nectar if you're doing a CLEAN detox)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 pinch of sea salt
- 1 tbsp cold-pressed extra virgin coconut oil (melted)
- 1 tbsp cacao butter (melted)
- Place all ingredients except coconut oil and cacao butter in a food processor and blend until smooth. Add the coconut oil and cacao butter slowly into the mixture. If you can drizzle it in while the machine is on, or in one or two small batches.
- Pour into individual cups or small bowls and refrigerate for at least two hours. It needs this chilling time to reach the right consistency and flavor. If you're in a hurry, place in the freezer for about 20 minutes.